Cron and at behavior in X

Using Sarge, current updates.

Based on conversations I've had on the IRC channel, I know that entering a
line into crontab such as 'x-app:0.0' will fire off an X application
without returning an error that it can't find a display, or similarly if I
set DISPLAY=:0.0 at the top of the crontab. Am I correct then in assuming
that this behavior will be the same if I do something similar for an at
job?

-Dennis Carr

  • RE: Why this crontab does not work?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Postgres
    ... see a reason why other users should access /root) ... chmod 600 /root/.pgpass ... >> I'm trying to write a backup script for postgres and us a crontab on it. ... > To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: (Solved) Re: Shutting down error
    ... I finally created a fresh-new user and no crontab was enabled for it so I ... What created the cronjob and was the task necessary? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: (Solved) Re: Shutting down error
    ... I finally created a fresh-new user and no crontab was enabled for it so ... I run "crontab -r" from the usual user and problem solved. ... What created the cronjob and was the task necessary? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: (Solved) Re: Shutting down error
    ... If only for its debugging technique you might want to look at ... I finally created a fresh-new user and no crontab was enabled for it so I ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)