Re: distributions: UBUNTU vs DEBIAN

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 03:58:20PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
The Ubuntu guys felt that it would be cool to install GNOME without bothering
the user. Both have different goals and are targetted to different users. Both
decisions are good. It is an issue with defaults.

And, of course, why there's UBUNTU and KUBUNTU. Waiting for XUBUNTU
myself. ;)

Assuming you're talking XFCE, there is one:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu
Not sure of it's 'doneness' though, may be alpha quality, I haven't
looked at Ubuntu in awhile.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@xxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: sidux
    ... As I understand it, Ubuntu takes the Testing ... |Registered address: Wyastone Business Park, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • AW: AW: configuration center in debian?