Re: System Only Recognizes up to 1GB RAM

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:46:34AM -0400, Mark R. White wrote:
I have 5 different systems with very similar setups, some dual core,
some single, but all on the same chipset running 32 bit Debian Etch
linux with the 2.6.15 kernel (I think one might have the 2.6.12 kernel).

I presume there's a reason you're using Debian's i386 port instead of
their amd64 port?

All of them, no matter the
configuration, only sees up to 1GB ram. I have 1.5GB in one, and 2GB
in another, all say they only have 1GB. when I try more than 1GB in
the other machines, same results. Can anyone please help me?

Which linux-image package do you have installed? You need one with
highmem support enabled, which should include the -686 and -k7 packages.
(I would suspect you have the -386 package installed.)