How does inetd work?

I know inetd forwards a programms (servers) stdout to the client... but
where does it forward the requests from a client to? It's not stdin..

It there any simple example server available that was written to work
with inetd?

Dirk

  • Re: PCI compliance
    ... Does anyone here operates servers that have to meet PCI standards? ... Start with client and company data, then the network and OS, ... be honest, I didn't filled SAQ, it was done before I took maintenance, so ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • How does inetd work?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: NTP weirdness
    ... *none* of your client machines are working fine. ... Make sure to also configure the two servers to *peer* each ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Backup Server
    ... Matthew Juszczak wrote: ... > firewall...connecting to the two servers, ... Why not (from the client box)? ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 available
    ... Randy Bush wrote: ... >>inetd is not turned on by default. ... but many of us with servers have to run it ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-current)