Re: xfce panel missing on startup

Chris <list.hurschler@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

i have xfce4 installed as below. With some users on my system it
works as expected, with another user it seems to start, but there are
no panels and no mouse buttons result in any menus. I am using kdm.

I tried removeing .config and .cache but something still seems to be
wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem might be?

You may have solved this by now and I don't exactly have a solution to
the configuration issue (if there is one) but when this has happened to
me I've just run the xfce4-panel (from memory, I'm not using Xfce at
present) in background:

$ xfce4-panel &

This seemed to fix the problem on on reboot also.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...