Re: xfce panel missing on startup

Chris <list.hurschler@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

i have xfce4 installed as below. With some users on my system it
works as expected, with another user it seems to start, but there are
no panels and no mouse buttons result in any menus. I am using kdm.

I tried removeing .config and .cache but something still seems to be
wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem might be?

You may have solved this by now and I don't exactly have a solution to
the configuration issue (if there is one) but when this has happened to
me I've just run the xfce4-panel (from memory, I'm not using Xfce at
present) in background:

$ xfce4-panel &

This seemed to fix the problem on on reboot also.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business

  • Re: System locks
    ... and remove some file in .config ... Xfce occasionally corrupts its settings for an individual user. ... Reboot in recovery mode. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: browsers have become memory hogs
    ... Thanks for this thread I thought I was alone with my Iceweasel issues... ... I tried another computer Pentium M, 1GB Memory and same happened... ... I forgot to mention I'm using Xfce 4 Desktop Environment ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: RAM 95% used
    ... I've already seen the same question today, about memory being eaten up, and that too was someone using xfce. ... The answer was that xfce suffers from memory leaks. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: XFCE will not manage desktop
    ... I turn on "Allow XFCE to manage the desktop" in Desktop Settings, ... Also, 430 megabytes of memory are in use on the computer, which is probably ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: RAM 95% used
    ... just ruunning xfce takes 200mb. ... The answer was that xfce suffers from memory ... If it is a memory leak problem, you should initially see hardly any ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)