Re: help with upgrade from woody to sarge...

hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
How do you make a grub boot CD or floppy?
And how do you use it?

/usr/share/doc/grub/README
contains a link to grub's home page. This contains an excellent manual with all the information you require - and much more...

alternatively you could install grub-doc and then find the information in
/usr/share/doc/grub-doc

chapter 3, Installation describes to install grub on hard disk, floppy, or cd-rom

To use it: just set your bios to boot from floppy/CD-rom.

Johannes

    (Debian-User)
  • Re: management tools?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Bits from the (chilly) release team
    ... What do I need to do to get bug ... "installation-reports: Install yaboot on a hard disk - Failed to install boot loader" ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Best way to install second version of Debian?