Re: make menuconfig segfault
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:18:02 -0500
Thomas Dickey wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hi,
Back in 2003 make menuconfig always segfaulted unless I used a ncurses tarball and used that:
Now, 3 years later, it still happens:
...and still (google says I commented in Sun, Feb 6 2005 11:20 am),
the only way to proceed is to run menuconfig with a debugger.
I guess it's harder now - the more recent versions have lxdialog loaded
as part of another program - but still doable. valgrind and ltrace also
would be useful here...
Thanks Thomas, let me try that. It is just too silly. I have that ncurses5 tarball installed but refuse to use it.
make xconfig works, but running this under X is unnecessary.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Program to draw chess boards
- Next by Date: Re: Scanner rights messed up: please help!
- Previous by thread: Re: make menuconfig segfault
- Next by thread: Troubles burning CD-ROMS