Re: SQL insert dupe prevention problem

Am Samstag, den 23.09.2006, 11:06 -0400 schrieb Ben Breslauer:
You really want to use a primary key or unique constraint on table.a in
order to prevent duplicates from being entered. The documentation for
your database should tell you how to set one up.

in addition to that you may want to use replace instead of insert

Grüße / Regards,
Oliver
--
Soitainly. I was assuming that came with the OO-ness of it. -- Larry
Wall in <199710011802.LAA21692@xxxxxxxx>

  • Re: ext3 trouble
    ... When you do not have documentation --- it is much much harder. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fw: Sensible Crossposting To Genealogical, Cultural, Military And Historical Newsgroups
    ... Historical Newsgroups ... regarding the lovely portraits displayed on Leo's database. ... sincere sentiments on my part. ... To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to GEN-MEDIEVAL-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • Re: which command I should use to output sequentially,
    ... While I've little to say about using a database for this case, ... I'd strongly recommend /against/ using any office-like solutions ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fwd: Re: bsd-mailx incompatibility?