keeps servers consistant (debs)

Hello,

Just wondering if there is an existing solution (or home-rolled script) to keep packages consistent across multiple servers.

The standard repositories are fine, and caching isn't needed (ala apt-proxy), as they are on different networks. But if I install / remove packages on a server, I'd like to do the same on other servers without having to keep track. Also when I create a new server, id like to quickly remove and apt-get packages from a master list.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Jason

  • Re: question about setting up a local repository
    ... question about setting up a local repository ... I have a few RH4 servers at my place of work and I am ... packages but I don't know if I could download them all that way? ... account, you also get access to Google Talk, Google's instant messaging ...
    (RedHat)
  • SUSE Security Announcement: php4 (SUSE-SA:2004:021)
    ... allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code as the user running ... patch rpm: ... New packages are available on our ftp servers. ... New packages will soon be available on our ftp servers. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-Disclosure] SUSE Security Announcement: php4 (SUSE-SA:2004:021)
    ... allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code as the user running ... patch rpm: ... New packages are available on our ftp servers. ... New packages will soon be available on our ftp servers. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Managing hundreds of debian servers
    ... currently use debian packages to deploy all our current conf files. ... only deploying to specific servers at specific time (to avoid all ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Which Distro?
    ... >>but Debian has been somewhat slow in updating their packages. ... Debian package so that other packages won't stomp all over it. ... especially when you have to administer multiple servers. ... servers were split between Slackware, Redhat, TurboLinux and new Debian ...
    (comp.os.linux)