Re: Media player

On 11/30/06, Alan Ianson <alianson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu November 30 2006 09:16 am, Brian Durant wrote:
> On 11/30/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 16:00:05 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> > > On 11/30/06, Wulfy <wulfmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > It is now ;-) and it seems to work, except for the error message below:
> > >
> > > W: GPG error: http://ftp.sunet.se etch Release: The following
> > > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> > > available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907
> > >
> > > Where do I import the public key from??? I have been digging around
> > > Sunet.se but can't seem to find it.
> >
> > The safest way to get Christian Marillat's key is to install the package
> > "debian-keyring". Then you can export the key directly from the Debian
> > keyring and feed it into apt-key:
> >
> > gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg
> > -a --export 07DC563D1F41B907 | sudo apt-key add -
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Florian
>
> Hi Florian,
>
> Here is the result:
>
> ~$ sudo gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring
> /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg -a --export 07DC563D1F41B907 |
> sudo apt-key add -
> gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on configuration file
> `/home/user/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
> gpg: keyring `/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg' created
> gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
>
> I am a newbie to Linux, so I really don't understand any of the above.
> Any ideas?

That command needs to be run as root.. :)

Thanks. Here is the output:

# gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring
/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg -a --export 07DC563D1F41B907 |
sudo apt-key add -
gpg: directory `/root/.gnupg' created
gpg: new configuration file `/root/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
gpg: WARNING: options in `/root/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active
during this run
gpg: keyring `/root/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

There still seems to be something fishy going on.

Cheers,

Brian

  • Crypto novice: Cant import PGP key into GNUpg
    ... It appears PGP let me generate a 2048 bit key on the mainframe. ... I Emailed the public key to myself at home and I configured GNUpg 1.2.2 ... gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory! ... TIA for any suggestions. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Mail.app being blocked?
    ... I do not know what the behaviour is for HTML e-mails but it is a possibility. ... Without starting a discussion of public key cryptography let's just say it has two keys, one of which is public and used by others to encrypt mail to you, another ... No issues with Google or anyone else storing your key, since the private one should be, well, private. ... As far as decrypting would go, I think there is a version of PGP now free for Windows, and GPG is always free, of course. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Media player
    ... W: GPG error: http://ftp.sunet.se etch Release: The following ... Where do I import the public key from??? ... sudo apt-key add - ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Signature debian CDs
    ... gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! ... GPG is warning you that it can't find a trust path from a key you trust ... Encryption: a message may be encrypted to a person's public key. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Media player
    ... W: GPG error: http://ftp.sunet.se etch Release: The following ... Where do I import the public key from??? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)