Re: backup archive format saved to disk

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 07:55:40PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

I'm focusing on the one-drive issue because this is one drive sitting in
a bank vault. This is __archive__ (just like tape). I have backup
procedures as a separate issue. One of the places that backup data goes
to is the bank vault archive.

If the issue is a drive, then you need more than one drive. If the
drive itself fails, then you are SOL.

And maybe a second bank with a separate vault.

-- hendrik

  • Re: [SLE] Post Nazis (WAS: Re: [SLE] Software Updates)
    ... separate the bovine effluent from the buckwheat ... *download* all the unreadable messages and I'll go for it. ... "bovine effluent" to continue and eventually constituting the greatest ... I'll probably just unsubscribe after this thread. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Editing a text file with sed
    ... separate sed script file. ... I am having trouble using sed to edit text files, heres a good example of what ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Grub2 with multiple Debians
    ... separate /boot, but I've never needed to try this) or alternatively it ... so each time update-grub is run, ... boots between drives. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Time Outs
    ... while ideally they would be sorted by delay. ... You could have a separate program that received on stdin touples that it ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)