Re: getting xorg working on an old box .....
- From: Daniel Haude <dunno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:04:55 +0100
Jakub Narojczyk wrote:
Hi gdm and kdm are both "resource consumeing" so i recomend using xdm or
just startx command on an old machine. Especially when You're short on
Yes they are. gdm a lot more so than kdm (I chucked gdm because I
thought it was even too slow on my 3GHz Athlon).
After running the window manager the ?dm's don't do nothing more
than stay in the memory till You finish Your xsession.
Actually they will be swapped out, so after the actual X session starts,
they won't consume any valuable RAM.
Anyway, I agree with your advice: Use xdm, or no desktop manager at all.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: This URL crashes Konqueror.....?
- Next by Date: preventing apt from upgrading postfix
- Previous by thread: Re: getting xorg working on an old box .....
- Next by thread: Re: getting xorg working on an old box .....