Re: mysql 4.1
- From: Stephen <stephen.d.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:03:13 -0500
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:04:42AM -0600 or thereabouts, Luis Hidalgo wrote:
I need some of the "new" functions of mysql 4.1 (I'm currently on 4.0), and
I think that just apt-installing mysql 4.1 won't work in preserving my
databases and tables. I could export everything to text files, unless there
is a way to do it from 4.0 to 4.1.
Well for sure to be safe, backup. However, I haven't had any problems
doing an upgrade, (with official Debian packages) specifically when
upgrading MySQL. Aptitude kept my databases intact. The same when I
upgraded from Sarge to Etch, recently.
Encrypted/Signed e-mail accepted (GPG or PGP) -- Key ID: 978BA045
Consider well the proportions of things. It is better to be a young June-bug
than an old bird of paradise.
-- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"
Description: Digital signature
- mysql 4.1
- From: Luis Hidalgo
- mysql 4.1
- Prev by Date: Re: "You have inserted a blank disc. What would you like to do?"
- Next by Date: Re: Removing Unused Programs
- Previous by thread: mysql 4.1
- Next by thread: Help installazione vmware server "/usr/src/linux/include"