Re: [etch] apt_preferences issues
- From: Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:34:01 +0200
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 18:46:48 +0200, Jakub Narojczyk wrote:
Florian Kulzer napisał(a):
You are missing the blank lines to separate the records:
$ man apt_preferences | awk '/Effect/,/^$/'
The Effect of APT Preferences
The APT preferences file allows the system administrator to control
assignment of priorities. The file consists of one or more
records separated by blank lines. Records can have one of two
specific form and a general form.
If it still does not work with separated records then you should post
the output of e.g.
apt-cache policy gimp
records are separated by blank lines. I just didn't know that those blanks
were essential and compressed the listing in the e-mail. sorry about the
confusion. and it still doesn't work.
$ apt-cache policy gimp
Package pin: 2.2.13-1
500 ftp://ftp.task.gda.pl etch/main Packages
*** 2.2.13-1 1001
To me that looks like the pinning worked and I do not understand how apt
can think of "upgrading" to the same version. Is your currently
installed gimp a version from another repository?
What happens if you ask specifically for gimp:
apt-get install gimp
Also, what is the output of
apt-get install -sf
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
- Prev by Date: Re: creating a debian/etch over a xubuntu installation
- Next by Date: Re: HAL crashes with dbus
- Previous by thread: Re: [etch] apt_preferences issues
- Next by thread: Re: [etch] apt_preferences issues