Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Sat, May 19, 2007 10:28:19 AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez
(roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I guess the question is where to draw and then who draws that line.

Roberto,

please don't try to go all philosophical on us acting and
pontificating as if you didn't understand what and who Joey was
talking about and why.

It's much simpler than that. _Your_ use of this list in the last 5
months is beyond the line, no matter who or how draws it.

I have a backup copy of all the mail I've received. In February only,
there are 268 messages from you, and 117 of them (= > 40%) have
nothing at all to do with Debian or FOSS. Ditto for the others who
caused Joey's complain.

Please don't waste everybody's time reasoning over theoretical
questions about hardware, software patents or ripping DVDs. It doesn't
matter what the original issue was. The problem is just how quickly
you and a few others take pleasure every time in going from anything
to the same endless ramblings that nobody cares about.

I constantly find offensive material on this list, both in on-topic
and off-topic postings and even in signatures. However, I don't
*let* it offend me.

Offensive or not, it doesn't even matter with you, will you please
realize it? You are simply making a lot of USELESS noise.

I just move on and forget it. More people should try that.

and this is, once more, the same pathetic excuse for your behavior
that I already commented here (#3):

so you should really stop using it and grow up, thanks. Just the
answers already received on list to Joey's post should be more than
enough to prove to you, once and for all, that it doesn't matter how
easy it is to use email equivalents of ear plugs: you and the others I
already mentioned still aren't authorized to yell all the time about
everything you please in a public forum which has another purpose.

This is why I'm posting also this reply to the moderators. I really
hope they put a stop to this, this time.

Marco
--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software
http://digifreedom.net

  • Re: microsoft vs opensource
    ... like a short answer that concerns the content/heart of this matter. ... deem accurate, Steef, which is why I withdrew from it. ... David Palmer. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The identity of Princess Dianas ancestress Dorothy Dillingham
    ... If you way to evaluate them is to say "these have already been published before" then I have nothing more to say on the matter. ... The identity of Princess Diana's ancestress Dorothy Dillingham ... and to providing the sources which support my claims. ... To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to GEN-MEDIEVAL-requ....@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • Re: Crypt data "on the fly"
    ... In England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, section 53 of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 makes failure to comply with a notice under section 49 of the same Act a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment for up to two years (or five years if the matter to which the section 49 notice related was a matter of national security or child indecency) and a fine. ... Authorization to issue section 49 notices is not solely in control of the courts, so contempt of court is not necessarily applicable. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • permissions all zero when using cp
    ... when copying a file (no matter which) the copy gets zero permissions. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: E: Couldnt rebuild package cache
    ... Some index files failed to download. ... E: Couldn't rebuild package cache ... Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)