Re: error while loading shared libraries

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:50:28 +0200
Gilles Sadowski <gilles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did a major upgrade (including "libc6"), had to rerun "apt-get upgrade"
several times. When I first noticed the problem, all users seemed to be
affected, then, when all packages were upgraded, some accounts behaved
correctly again, but not all! Weird indeed...

And no, I didn't change the permissions.
[Now, I've just tried to add a line with "/lib" in "ld.so.conf", ran
"ldconfig", but it doesn't work any better.]

Looks like a bug for me in the update system, well, if all relative paths
are already in ld.so.conf then must work in theory, look, normaly librt
it's in /usr/li,b so add this path too and try again,

Tried that, no luck :-(

ah when you run

ldd $(which ls)

what's the output with root and the other users?

# ldd $(which ls)
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xb7f59000)
libacl.so.1 => /lib/libacl.so.1 (0xb7f53000)
libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb7f3e000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7dfb000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7de4000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f77000)
libattr.so.1 => /lib/libattr.so.1 (0xb7de0000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7ddb000)
libsepol.so.1 => /lib/libsepol.so.1 (0xb7d9b000)

$ ldd $(which ls)
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

There!!, look another problem came out, 'libdl', all this shared librarys are present but normal users dont have access, that its for shure an acces denied, try creating a new user and do the same and chek if the problem persist, if it does, then this might be a bug.

Regards,
Orestes

  • Re: error while loading shared libraries
    ... affected, then, when all packages were upgraded, some accounts behaved ... Looks like a bug for me in the update system, well, if all relative paths ... # ldd $ ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: UPS question
    ... Check the binaries with ldd to check that you have any necessary libaries in case it is NOT statically linked. ... If something is missing, you might need to install some extra packages. ... The names of the missing libs will put you on track of which packages are needed. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Need DTP to replace PageMaker
    ... I zipped up the strace output and attached it. ... $ ldd /usr/bin/scribus ... Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)