Re: help with "apt-get purge"

Zach wrote:
Christopher Nelson wrote:
To see for yourself, try it on any "-data" package.

That's true but I like controlling exactly what is purged and I prefer
CLI over GUI.

apt-get is a CLI. Try 'apt-get remove --purge somepackage'.

Bob

  • Re: X configuration (amd64)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: System crashes for no apparent reason
    ... Andre's suggestion of adding text to the boot options ... It is very gui intensive --- by the time i get a chance to login, ... System crashes for no apparent reason ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Math Package to Solve Linear Equations?
    ... and the y values and the program inverts the matrix and reports the x ... Matlab - proprietary, comes with a good GUI, lots of routines to plot ... graphs, contours etc., contains lot of sparse solvers. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: C2t2 install on HP DL360. Hangs at cciss
    ... I can seem to boot all the way through to the gui but when I go to ... partition using disk druid it tells me I have no devices. ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list -- ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A rookies query: Want to about Debian and the related
    ... But CLI learning needs much time. ... And learning a GUI doesn't? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)