need good file explorer

I am looking for a Debian package which will provide nice
functionality equivalent to the MS Windows (file) Explorer (not
Internet Explorer!) which lets you quickly view all directories and
files on your filesystem in a tree structure and allows quickly
moving/renaming/deleting files using the mouse. I have not found
anything in comparable functionality and speed. I tried Konqueror but
it was massively bloated (installed lots of big KDE libs) and the
response time seems much worse than MS Windows file explorer program.
I need something lightweight and fast. Hope someone knows of any such
program(s). I run Debian testing but if something is not packaged I
can always compile and install in /usr/local.

Regards,
Zach

  • Re: need good file explorer
    ... functionality equivalent to the MS Windows Explorer (not ... Internet Explorer!) ... response time seems much worse than MS Windows file explorer program. ... Package: xfe ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: need good file explorer
    ... functionality equivalent to the MS Windows Explorer (not ... Internet Explorer!) ... response time seems much worse than MS Windows file explorer program. ... Hi Zach, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: need good file explorer
    ... functionality equivalent to the MS Windows Explorer (not ... Internet Explorer!) ... response time seems much worse than MS Windows file explorer program. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: need good file explorer
    ... functionality equivalent to the MS Windows Explorer (not ... Internet Explorer!) ... response time seems much worse than MS Windows file explorer program. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: IE TOOLBAR!
    ... You may even have to do more than is in my Spyware section of ... You should also empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...