Re: start-stop-daemon: how to pass environment variables to the daemon

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 11:13 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:
Dear all,

A daemon invoked by start-stop-daemon needs some extra enviroment
variables. How to pass them to the daemon? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Yuwen

I'm not sure if you meant environment variables or command line
arguments for the daemon. Here is an example of how to provide a
command line arg to the udhcpc daemon. You just put a '--' in front.

# Start a DHCP client daemon on each of the physical interfaces
/bin/start-stop-daemon -b -S --exec /bin/udhcpc \
-- --interface=eth0 \

  • Permissions in /var/log and /var/spool
    ... I am trying to start a daemon 'kannel' with the following command: ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: start-stop-daemon: how to pass environment variables to the daemon
    ... A daemon invoked by start-stop-daemon needs some extra enviroment ... I'm not sure if you meant environment variables or command line ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • How to add service on system reboot
    ... I have written a serive in C++,,, it runs as daemon. ... service manually typing this command: ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: System-users and-groups?
    ... bin shouldn't do so much. ... was root and bin... ... Although the daemon user/group are ... as that user runs that command. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: [RFC] Disk shock protection (revisited)
    ... The daemon runs mlock'd anyway, so there won't be any need for paging ... idle immediate command at the head of the queue. ... accepted after the idle immediate command has been received. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)