Re: MSI PC60G wireless adaptor problem

[ Please turn off the html mails and wrap your lines at a width of 72
characters. ]

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 03:00:35 -0700, I M wrote:
Hi.

I recently bought a MSI PC60G wireless card and i am experiencing
problem with configuring it on debian etch.I googled up and i found
that it uses Ralink chipset and i got Ralink RT61 driver for linux.
I managed to configure and install the driver .. but can't get
connected.Both Wlassistent and gnome-network admin tool recognize the
card...connect to the network ,recieves the SSID but when trying to
dhcp(dhclient connect to achieve addresses) both fail.The AP is
configured with dhcp and as far as i know i think it's a Mircosoft
dhcp server.Could this be the problem? I tryed it on windows xp and
it's working just fine.Can somebody help me?

Please execute the following two commands (e.g. in a Gnome terminal) and
post the output:

dmesg | egrep 'eth|rt61'

/sbin/iwconfig

Florian |

  • Re: CIECW wizard fails at network configuration
    ... DHCP is disabled as I have DHCP running from an external broadband router. ... on the router and then re-run CEICW to set up the SBS server to handle DHCP ... >>> Call to Configuring IE for router connection returned ok. ... >>> Call to Reading web publishing selection returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP ad hoc (MAC<=>IP)
    ... Configuring the Cisco IOS DHCP Server ... DHCP Address Pool Configuration: Example ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Win2K Pro does not resolve external hosts unless given static IP
    ... I'm not at the client anymore to get you a screen print ... DHCP hands out 10.0.1.1 as ... configuring the DNS ... service forwarders with the ISP's DNS servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: dns/dhcp client - hooks??
    ... what you state/propose only works if the dhcp server/process is ... if the dhcp server is not configured to accept this.. ... it's name (which seems to be something that needs configuring ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Hanging / Crash in the Package updating Process
    ... configuring them the first time. ... Running depmod. ... but again it hangs. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)