Recommendation request: scheduler
- From: andy <geek_show@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:59:51 +0100
At the risk of igniting another holy war, I am wanting to poll opinions on a scheduler for appointments and such like. I am looking for an app that is lightweight, will sit quietly in the Gnome notification area, will flash alerts/reminders, and can be started at login.
I don't mind if it has an address book or not, because I won't likely use it, leaving that stuff to my e-mail. I was thinking of Evolution, but I wasn't all that impressed with its way of handling filtering nor with its operability with the notification area icon. I may give that a spin later though and see what a longer run is like.
So, any recommendations - I have KDE installed, so perhaps there is a KDE-native app or is there a Gnome-based one? I definitely want it to use notifications and be light weight.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." - Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: dpkg doesn't show newer kernel packages available?
- Next by Date: Re: apsfilter: error creating directory for temporary files
- Previous by thread: how to shift from stable to testing
- Next by thread: Re: Recommendation request: scheduler