Re: dialup modem connection
- From: Mark Grieveson <dg135@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:52:50 -0400
Then install pppconfig and run that as root
Then if you are already as user added to dip it will all just work.
I am still on dialup and about to move onto satellite broadband
because there is no other broadband option. One of the joys of living
in the bush.
Thanks Charlie. Installing pppconfig worked. I wonder why kppp
doesn't have this as a dependency.
I live in the big city, where the majority have high-speed, via phone or
cable. I'm finding that my 56K modem is working fine -- better than I
remember 56K modems working (perhaps because there is less dialup
traffic.) Good to try high-speed though, for running webservers and
Anyway, thanks again.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?
- Next by Date: /var/log versus system crash examination
- Previous by thread: Re: dialup modem connection
- Next by thread: Server for a Bibliography (eg. pubmed.gov)