Re: dialup modem connection

Install pon

Then install pppconfig and run that as root

Then if you are already as user added to dip it will all just work.

I am still on dialup and about to move onto satellite broadband
because there is no other broadband option. One of the joys of living
in the bush.

Be well,
Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Installing pppconfig worked. I wonder why kppp
doesn't have this as a dependency.

I live in the big city, where the majority have high-speed, via phone or
cable. I'm finding that my 56K modem is working fine -- better than I
remember 56K modems working (perhaps because there is less dialup
traffic.) Good to try high-speed though, for running webservers and
stuff.

Anyway, thanks again.

Mark