Re: odd xorg-video-intel problem

On 8/4/07, Takehiko Abe <keke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[ package: xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2:2.1.0-2 ]

Since I updated xserver-xorg-video-intel, my LCD started to complain
that it is in a non-preset mode, that is, the monitor displayed a
message "Nonpreset Mode" for 5 seconds when X started.

The resolution is set to the native 1280x1024. However, the LCD's On
Screen Display (OSD) reports that the current resolution is set to
"640x350".

The motherborad is intel DG965WH. The monitor is connected to its
onboard video via SDVO/ADD2 DVI-D.

The file /var/log/Xorg.0.log would help with diagnostics. Also,
consider posting to the xorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list, a number of
Intel employees are active there. Additionally, consult the driver
documentation. I believe you can turn on a debug mode in the
modesetting code by specifying an option in xorg.conf. This might help
you or someone else figure out what's wrong.

My own experience with the 965:

I have a 965 connected to an widescreen 1440x900 LCD monitor via a VGA
connector. When X starts, it starts in a non-native resolution, but
after I log in the GNOME session software changes the native
resolution which I specified in the Screen Resolution control panel.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks,
T.

Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,
your economic theory makes no sense...

  • Re: Connecting VAIO notebook to LCD TV
    ... I am trying to conenct my VAIO PCG-GRV680 notebook to Phillips 23PF5320 ... 23 " LCD tv. ... I have some problem with resolution. ... Select the 'Extend Windows desktop onto this monitor'. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Office 3007
    ... your monitor (for monitors that support more than one screen resolution ... A LCD display will not support more than one screen ... What I acutually said was "Of course, this is a bad suggestion for someone ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • down the LCD panel rabbit hole
    ... I've just purchased an LCD panel, Dell S2209W, and am trying to get the resolution sorted out. ... I changed this to "Generic LCD 1920x1080", logged out and back in as advised, and the display was now very blurry as well as stretched horizontally. ... System/Preferences/Display showed "Monitor Unknown". ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New monitor not able to..
    ... monitor, and enjoying the great pics of HD. ... LEDTV2235 with 1920 x 1080 Resolution. ... Some PC inputs on LCD TVs, ... should be able to read the EDID chip, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: 2405FPW 24-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD - Text Legibility for Person in 50s - Ad
    ... At first I couldn't see any point in buying an LCD of the same size. ... Then I learned about the native resolution for different sizes of LCD ... screens. ... Jump ahead to 2 month ago, I decided it was time to upgrade the monitor ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)