Re: odd xorg-video-intel problem

On 8/4/07, Takehiko Abe <keke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[ package: xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2:2.1.0-2 ]

Since I updated xserver-xorg-video-intel, my LCD started to complain
that it is in a non-preset mode, that is, the monitor displayed a
message "Nonpreset Mode" for 5 seconds when X started.

The resolution is set to the native 1280x1024. However, the LCD's On
Screen Display (OSD) reports that the current resolution is set to
"640x350".

The motherborad is intel DG965WH. The monitor is connected to its
onboard video via SDVO/ADD2 DVI-D.

The file /var/log/Xorg.0.log would help with diagnostics. Also,
consider posting to the xorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list, a number of
Intel employees are active there. Additionally, consult the driver
documentation. I believe you can turn on a debug mode in the
modesetting code by specifying an option in xorg.conf. This might help
you or someone else figure out what's wrong.

My own experience with the 965:

I have a 965 connected to an widescreen 1440x900 LCD monitor via a VGA
connector. When X starts, it starts in a non-native resolution, but
after I log in the GNOME session software changes the native
resolution which I specified in the Screen Resolution control panel.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks,
T.

Andrew Barr