Re: Recomendations - becoming a C soldier.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

http://norvig.com/21-days.html

Ari Constancio

On 8/12/07, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Orestes leal wrote:
Hi folks, 2 weeks ago I began to learn C,
my advances are very good, my question it's that,
The topic sounds funny but it's mostly serious,

QUESTION: Studying C 'every day' 4 hours with good understanding,
writing at least 10 programs to test this knowledge every day, the question
it: How Long Can I become a very 'very' good C programmer to the point to hack in some
kernel of some system or writing good apps without some trouble?

Here's your test.

There's a bootloader called Grub.
Your assignment is to change the 'root' command of Grub so that it not
only takes the form 'root (hd<drive no.>,<partition no.>)' but also
'root FILE=<absolute file name>'.
Root will now look for that file in all of the system and mount the
partition that it is found in.

I can do it but I get errors and why is sure stumping me.

Hugo

  • Re: updating with aptitude
    ... then I realized it changed the entry in grub menu.lst: root ... to root and tried to boot Debian from Windows partition:/ ... sdb is first hard drive because it has Debian and grub in MBR) ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: GRUB failure
    ... me to the GRUB prompt, ... I cannot boot the computer into any operating system. ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: authentication failure
    ... When I login using root last night, I type in wrong password more than 5 times. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: sata hard drive mounting problem
    ... I have a computer with debian 5.0 etch. ... If you create the mount point whit a root user do you need change the owner ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing Windows with Debian already installed
    ... other partitions undisturbed you should be able to get Debian running ... how to restore grub on the drive again. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)