Re: Recomendations - becoming a C soldier.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

http://norvig.com/21-days.html

Ari Constancio

On 8/12/07, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Orestes leal wrote:
Hi folks, 2 weeks ago I began to learn C,
my advances are very good, my question it's that,
The topic sounds funny but it's mostly serious,

QUESTION: Studying C 'every day' 4 hours with good understanding,
writing at least 10 programs to test this knowledge every day, the question
it: How Long Can I become a very 'very' good C programmer to the point to hack in some
kernel of some system or writing good apps without some trouble?

Here's your test.

There's a bootloader called Grub.
Your assignment is to change the 'root' command of Grub so that it not
only takes the form 'root (hd<drive no.>,<partition no.>)' but also
'root FILE=<absolute file name>'.
Root will now look for that file in all of the system and mount the
partition that it is found in.

I can do it but I get errors and why is sure stumping me.

Hugo

  • Re: updating with aptitude
    ... then I realized it changed the entry in grub menu.lst: root ... to root and tried to boot Debian from Windows partition:/ ... sdb is first hard drive because it has Debian and grub in MBR) ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: GRUB failure
    ... me to the GRUB prompt, ... I cannot boot the computer into any operating system. ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: authentication failure
    ... When I login using root last night, I type in wrong password more than 5 times. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: sata hard drive mounting problem
    ... I have a computer with debian 5.0 etch. ... If you create the mount point whit a root user do you need change the owner ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: printer setuo
    ... > And enter your root password when it asks for one. ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ... Registered Linux User #408177 ...
    (Debian-User)