Re: Compiz and window decorations

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 09:43 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
Just got it running by using this tip:

http://bgoglin.livejournal.com/11253.html

Perfect. Just got it working. With a bit more of googling I even
managed to properly configure the plugins.

Now I have another doubt. I want compiz to start with GNOME. What's
the best way to do that? The 'standard' solution I found is placing a
new entry in GNOME's startup applications, but I feel it would be a
better approach to replace metacity in gconf's
'/desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/current' with compiz, but
I'm not sure this is safe to do.
What do you guys think?

  • Re: FireFox slowness
    ... I tried diferent versions, ... Or am I just using too many plugins? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: console screen
    ... On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Scott Ferguson ... googling all morning to find a decent grub2 manual that ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • ECS 6100 PM-K2-v7 BB-3801G
    ... Has anyone any experience of running this motherboard with Lenny? ... Googling suggests that it is not state of the art, ... I did turn up when Googling someone who was having trouble with Ubuntu, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Unknown key released messages in dmesg
    ... By googling around I've found this article but it seems a bit outdated ... Fixing non-mapped vendor buttons ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: spurious error log messages?