Re: [OT] Vituperation(s) [WAS] Re: Etch + USB Modem -- Supported?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:25:06 -0700
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 05:12:42PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:39:01 -0500
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/24/07 15:20, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:14:30PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 09/24/07 15:02, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
On 9/24/07, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 09/24/07 14:27, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
[snip]
not have Linux drivers at all. Generally hardware-based modems are
several orders of magnitude more expensive than their software-based
counterparts,
100x more expensive?????????
Why do I get the impression that if I say, "what do you mean by that?"
I will get a lesson in what "several orders of magnitude" /actually/
means...

My meaning was clear. Don't be petulant.
Petulant? Hah!

*THIS* is petulant:

well, now you're just being pedantic... ;)

I'll stop now.

No! We must go on and on and on, in an ever spiral descent into
anger, vituperations and hostility!

Yes, let's do that! You should have written "ever spiralling descent",
you illiterate atheist!

aw crap. Andreas and I were just discussing how the OT had really gone
down and now this. I demand that we stop this OT crap now! Can't you
people go somewhere else?

Well, if you're going to be like that, I demand to be taken off your
list! How do I get off this list? Unsubscribe me immediately or I'll
file a complaint with every TLA I can think of, ending with the
International Court of Justice!

[Note: Ron would probably be insulted if I condescended to him by
including a smiley on that, but for those who haven't been on the list
for a sufficiently long time, that's a joke.]

leaving this intact as its still applicable.

and I really really am done, JFTR.

Duly noted and logged.

Celejar