Re: can pbzip2 run on stdout?
- From: Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:52:56 -0700
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 02:40:59PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 09/28/07 13:10, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
my thought on this... I don't know how tar links in to bzip2 (which is
a compression option for tar (-j?). But maybe its possible to
substitute pbzip2 through something as simple as a symlink. Its a
stretch I know, but worth a shot. Also, out of curiousity, why not
$ apt-cache show tar
Pre-Depends: libc6 (>= 2.6-1)
Suggests: bzip2, ncompress <<<<<<<<<<<
$ apt-rdepends bzip2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Depends: libbz2-1.0 (= 1.0.3-7) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
well I said its a stretch... and I see that pbzip2 depends on the same
library, so it must just be a frontend that carves up the file into
chunks and sends it out to the different processors (I know naught of
these sorts of mechanisms). IOW, some serious hackery would be
involved to get it to do what he wants...
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: can pbzip2 run on stdout?
- Next by Date: Does lilo still have a limit on it's menu entries?
- Previous by thread: Re: can pbzip2 run on stdout?
- Next by thread: Re: can pbzip2 run on stdout?