Re: mdadm, partitioned array

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 07:59:35PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach michael@xxxxxxxxx <michael@xxxxxxxxx> [2007.10.09.0611 +0100]:

also sprach Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007.10.09.1718 +0100]:
LVM is perfect.

You wish. :)

OK, nothing in any OS is perfect and Linux LVM isn't either. Sure there
are some _features_ that some have wished for. There's probably some
bugs. I haven't noticed any.

I didn't see any _partition_ option on Etch's installer. If you want
partitions of a raid device, it looks like you need to mark it for use
with LVM.

So other than wishlist items for more features, what's wrong with LVM as
it stands now? Is there any reason not to use it? Is it better to use
cfdisk on it?

Doug.

  • encrypted swap causing me troubles on boot
    ... So I used lvm to install. ... swap partition to resume from but the crypto device is not yet available. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • possible serious problem with Debian 5.0 installation partitioning
    ... Following is some additional information that might be useful for anyone who might have any ideas about the damage to my existing encrypted LVM partition: ... Booting from a filesystem in another partition, I've checked the partition table, and find that it looks identical to the state it was in prior to my attempt to install Debian Linux. ... Read ahead sectors 0 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: /boot on ext2, 3 or 4?