Re: XEN: xen-create-image with more than one disk

On Tue Oct 23, 2007 at 15:55:57 +0200, Klaus R?del wrote:

i'm a xen newby and want to create a xen image with more than one disk
but i found nothing about this? is it actually possible?

Yes, if you're using sid/lenny. No if you're using Etch (unless
you use the backported package at http://apt.steve.org.uk/ )

Read the manpage and pay attention to the section entitled
'PARTITIONING'.

one my physical system i have two partitions on my hard disks, one has
the file system type ext3 and the other xfs. Now i want to create a
xen image where the system data is on the ext3 partition and a data
partition is on the xfs partition.

That isn't possible. Mutiple disks are supported, as described
above, but they are assumed to come from the same LVM group,
EVSM group, or physical disk. You could probably cheat and use
symlinks though .

Steve
--
# Commercial Debian GNU/Linux Support
http://www.linux-administration.org/

  • Re: Mounting local filesystem failed on boot
    ... There's an entry in fstab, when /proc is NOT on it's own partition. ... that contains no binaries, like /var, or contains binaries you do not ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Mounting local filesystem failed on boot
    ... "The proc file system is a pseudo-file system which is used as an ... There's an entry in fstab, when /proc is NOT on it's own partition. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dd_rescue No additional sense
    ... It is a netbook HDD that is dyingthat I'm trying to get data ... the partition table in the new hard drive. ... Sense: No additional sense information ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Mounting local filesystem failed on boot
    ... There's an entry in fstab, when /proc is NOT on it's own partition. ... that contains no binaries, like /var, or contains binaries you do not ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OK to install across 2 HDs?
    ... Windows 2000 partition to another one without crashing ... Linux can have four primaries, ... Services Analyst ... TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: ...
    (Debian-User)