Re: OT: laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?

* H.S. <hs.samix@xxxxxxxxx> [071023 16:14]:
Hello,

Anybody have experience with this printer:
Brother HL-5250DN
(http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=HL5250DN).

I have been asked to choose a B/W laser printer to buy for a very small
office. I don't expect it to print more than around 10 pages per day. I
have also been looking at HL-2070N, but duplex printing feature in
HL-5250DN attracted me to it more.

Any comments on its functionality from Linux? linuxprinting.org says it
works pefectly. What about its durability?

And, finally, any other suggestions?

thanks,
->HS

The feature which matters above almost every other feature is
Postscript. Second is a HP JetDirect ethernet interface. Sacrifice
whatever else you must in order to get Postscript within your budget
limitations.

RLH

  • Re: OT: laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?
    (Debian-User)