Re: How to set up cups-pdf as default printer?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 10:18:18AM -0300, Gabriel Parrondo wrote:
El mié, 24-10-2007 a las 11:33 +0200, Avi Rozen escribió:
Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
There are no man pages for cups-pdf either. I am not too familiar with cups so I apologize if this question is quite trivial.
You need to add a new printer and then select the cups-pdf device.

Try this for more info:
less /usr/share/doc/cups-pdf/README.gz

zcat /usr/share/doc/cups-pdf/README.gz | less

zless /usr/share/doc/cups-pdf/README.gz

and Amit, one really helpful command in these situations:

dpkg -L cups-pdf

will list all the files installed by that package which will quickly
get you pointed to the right files.

  • Re: Upgrade to 9.04?
    ... Running apt-get clean isn't helpful. ... only the package debs and they're not affecting your install. ... confusing the hell out of dpkg with the state your system is in. ... Launchpad seems to have found a bug, and I found a very similar ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Debian
    ... Reading package lists... ... Reading state information... ... tools do not directly or indirectly invoke dpkg. ... Selecting previously deselected package libdvdnav4. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: dselect refusing to upgrade packages in unstable?
    ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxt-dev: ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libice-dev: ... Package libice6 is not installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE 3.3.2 fails re-install [SOLVED]
    ... make sure you have all the kde components uninstalled: ... anything to do with KDE, but when I looked at it with dpkg, I found 28 ... in package kdewallpapers ... Package kdebase-data is not installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE 3.3.2 fails re-install
    ... dpkg: error processing ... in package kdewallpapers ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kdebase: ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kde-core: ...
    (Debian-User)