Re: Apt-Get or Aptitude

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:13:23 -0500
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:06:59 -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

I'd say the main difference is that apt-get is a command-line tool,
whereas aptitude is an interactive tool that can be driven from the
command-line.

Are there still command line usages of apt-get that are not
exactly the same in aptitude? And has apt-get started keeping track of

The classic examples that arise periodically on the list are apt-get's
'build-dep' and 'source' actions, which apparently have no obvious
aptitude versions.

manoj

Celejar

  • Re: aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?
    ... Does synaptic do something better than apt-get? ... be very usable on a command-line, looking at aptitude show synaptic. ... It's a BAD DESIGN. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?