Re: Apt-Get or Aptitude

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:14:18 -0600
Nate Duehr <nate@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Daniel Burrows wrote:

[snip]

I'd say the main difference is that apt-get is a command-line tool,
whereas aptitude is an interactive tool that can be driven from the
command-line.

I would disagree. Aptitude supports command-line operation as well as
interactive.

You do realize that Daniel is both the author and maintainer of
aptitude :) ?

[Thanks, Daniel, for your Debian, aptitude and d-u work!]

Nate Duehr
nate@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Celejar

  • Re: Spin Off On Supervising or Monitoring
    ... as no-one asked Daniel if he empathised, ... of empathy -- silence would be a more socially-acceptable approach. ... In some matters for which he has an aptitude ... He is an avid subscriber to AUE, and it is one of his main ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: aptitude GUI shows strange messages
    ... looking at aptitude's bugs these days, ... but Daniel seems to be a bit overworked (busy ... aptitude has a few rather serious usability issues (actually I'm a bit ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: aptitude GUI shows strange messages
    ... but Daniel seems to be a bit overworked (busy ... aptitude has a few rather serious usability issues (actually I'm a bit ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: getting gnome out of xfce4 in debian
    ... think of is to reinstall using the Debian xfce4 iso and add the gnome ... As Doug would say, start Aptitude ... Registered Linux User #454138 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How can I refresh Etch completely?