Re: hard disk device name change after reboot

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 08:26:03PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:26:52AM +0800, hhding.gnu wrote:
It seems it works with some filesystem and do *NOT* work for swap
partition. here as I show below, hde1 is swap partition and there are
no label or uuid exists. as I know, tune2fs can add uuid or label for
ext2/ext3 partitions. How can I add uuid or label for swap partition
then?

sorry no help on swap.

man mkswap has an -L label option. Are we saying that it doesn't work?

Another question is, can I add uuid as device name in grub's menu.lst?
(something like kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17-2-686 root=/dev/sde2 ro)

root=uuid=/dev/sde2, I think.

  • Re: Question about GRUB recovery using Debian 7.x LiveCD
    ... I do not think adding LABEL to your system would ... I use it with USB sticks which move from machine to machine, The UUID ... A swap partition is NOT an extN formatted region of ... all the partitions on the internal hard drive on my jessie machine. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Question about GRUB recovery using Debian 7.x LiveCD
    ... I often trust the opinion of our" hive-mind" more than I do a man ... I do not think adding LABEL to your system would ... I use it with USB sticks which move from machine to machine, The UUID ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: lilo config is busted, need help fixing it
    ... postinst_hook = lilo-update ... mkswap that did not assign a UUID. ... reformat the swap partition, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: hard disk device name change after reboot
    ... I run lspci and find 2 ide interface, ... hde1 is swap partition ... add uuid or label for ext2/ext3 partitions. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: hard disk device name change after reboot
    ... no label or uuid exists. ... How can I add uuid or label for swap partition ... I'm not saying that. ...
    (Debian-User)