Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

It is not clear as to whether we should reply to you personally or post it
on the d-u list. So I will just post it to the list...

audio player:

amarok

*

cd-ripper:

k3b

*

desktop OR window manager:

KDE

development:

vim + gcc + gdb

disc burner:

k3b

e-mail client:

kmail, thunderbird

file manager:

krusader, konqueror

ftp client:

gftp

image editor:

gimp, kolourpaint

image viewer:

display, showimg

instant messenger:

gaim, pidgin

mathematics:

Can't understand what you mean by this...

maxima, texmacs, gnuplot, octave (many programs are coming to my mind)...

knode

package manager:

apt-get

pdf-reader:

kpdf, acroread

spreadsheet:

oocalc

terminal emulator:

konsole

text editor:

gvim

video player:

kaffeine

web browser:

iceweasel + adblock extension, konqueror

word-processor:

oowriter

anything deserving great honours (EG. GCC):

sshfs, ssh, gfortran, gcc

games:

ksudoku

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

  • Re: wheezy after update significant slow
    ... When starting konqueror and visiting sites with pictures on it, ... Typing an URL in konqueror let the process Xorg increase from 12 percent to ... Related to the libreoffice-effect, there is on from ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is it just me [Firefox resouce drain]
    ... Everything in the top maroon colored area is just missing. ... error messages or any other messages. ... Konqueror always had a poor support for non-standard compliant programmed ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Root sending messages to users
    ... That and putting xeyes all over his desktop remotely is hilarious. ... I've just build xroach 4.03 from potato.. ... But gcc has. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: right click and resize selected images in Konqueror
    ... But the user was looking for right clicking on the selected thumbnails in Konqueror and choosing to resize them in one go -- all this without having to open the images in another application. ... I myself use a bash script to do this kind of stuff. ... I have played around with Nautilus's image resizer, and I must say it rocks. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] automount option
    ... Maura Monville wrote: ... Did you look into /media with Konqueror? ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)