Re: bittorrent error: connection break down from the corrispondent

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 08:17:02 +0100, Micaela Gallerini wrote:
2007/11/9, Florian Kulzer:

Which client do you use and which .torrent file?

I tryed with:

Gnome Bittorent
Bitornado

and the file torrent is:

debian-40r1-amd64-CD-1.iso.torrent

I just tried it myself with the torrent file from here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r1/amd64/bt-cd/debian-40r1-amd64-CD-1.iso.torrent

I see 7 seeds and get a download rate of about 70 kB/s. It works for me
with both ktorrent and Bittornado. I let it run for about 10 minutes
and did not notice any problems. (I did not get any upload connections
during that time, probably because of our firewall, but downloading was
steady.)

Maybe your provider is blocking bittorrent transfers. Some providers
seem to resort to nasty tricks, for example sending fake TCP RST packets
which make it look like the connection has been dropped by the other
party.

If your problems with bittorrent continue then you could try to download
using jigdo or by normal http/ftp. (A list of mirrors close to you can
be found here: http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/)

Florian |

  • Re: torrents
    ... >> downloaded the torrent file and have it saved. ... Do a google search on bittorrent and azereus, ... There is another client available through apt-get: ... Two ways of starting a torrent download. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • PING: Dr. Boggis
    ... IIRC you download all the UK Top Gear episodes from Bittorrent, ... I was wondering if you'd be so good as to forward me a torrent file for whichever one had the Bugatti Veyron feature via email, ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Dare I ask the question?
    ... BitTorrent client software for Windows and Mac is available here: ... On Windows and Mac you'll have to ask elsewhere, ... On FC download a suitable BitTorrent RPM such as the one ... out find the link on the download page to the torrent file, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: torrents
    ... I found your e-mail on a website, and I hope you could help me. ... > downloaded the torrent file and have it saved. ... > This happened so many times, even when I tried to download the torrent ... Do a google search on bittorrent and azereus, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ArtistX distro : problems downloading
    ... They also talk about a bittorrent method ... You d/l the torrent file to a directory where you want the ISO ... I'm using Azureus ... "Lost? ...
    (alt.os.linux)