Re: Laptop Firewalling
- From: Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:08:16 -0800
I use firestarter as well on my etch laptop. One problem I have is that
I have to manually reconfigure firestarter to switch from cable (eth0)
to wireless (eth2). How did you solve this problem?
If you just configure it once, say for eth0, it will simply ignore all
the traffic on eth2 (IIUC), if you happen to later use eth2 without
reconfiguration of firestarter. I guess one could write a script to
automate this, but you should be aware of the problem.
Really? I actually never thought of that. Because right now I am only using a wireless connection. Now that you have mentioned it, I have never ever used a wired connection with this laptop. I was unaware of this issue. I guess I will have to look at it in more detail.
Thanks for mentioning this.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: CTRL-ALT-F8 doesn't work
- Next by Date: Re: Problem after upgrading
- Previous by thread: Re: Laptop Firewalling
- Next by thread: Re: Laptop Firewalling