Re: OT: clicky keyboards

Ed Curtis wrote:
i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ASW> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: us-ascii, 13 lines --]
ASW> Totally OT, except it's on my debian box ;)
ASW> If you need that amazingly insightful gift for someone (yourself?)
ASW> this year, check out www.clickykeyboards.com for real IBM
ASW> keyboards. Mine just arrived and I'm in heaven.
i've been using model M2s (1395300) exclusively for over the past decade. each one usually lasts 3-6 years, & i'm getting near needing another. unfortunately clickykeyboards.com doesn't have one in stock, & judging by their prices, i can do MUCH better. the last one i purchased was $25, & that was the most i've ever paid for one. ($6 was the least in 1997.)
You have got to be kidding me!! They actually charge this much for these things!! I have a buddy that has 2 HUGE boxes full of keyboards from yesteryear. He may just have a goldmine in his attic and not even know it.

Well if someone wants to sell me one let me know. I am most certainly not paying $125 for one.

Sam

  • Re: OT: clicky keyboards
    ... ASW> If you need that amazingly insightful gift for someone ... I have a buddy that has 2 HUGE boxes full of keyboards from yesteryear. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: clicky keyboards
    ... except it's on my debian box;) ... ASW> If you need that amazingly insightful gift for someone ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: clicky keyboards
    ... ASW> If you need that amazingly insightful gift for someone ... I have a buddy that has 2 HUGE boxes full of keyboards from yesteryear. ... but for $40 they take the thing apart and clean it before they sell it to you. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wildly OT: Re: apt-get joke
    ... ASW> it must be weird to be the only woman around here. ... Then when she's had enough scrutiny, she wanders away and ... "The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt-get joke
    ... ASW> problem. ... I'm sure glad my mk1mod0 wife doesn't read this ... Just saw this joke days before, apt-get install wife ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)