Re: startx gdm

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 06:20:55PM -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:36:29 +0000 (UTC)
debian-user-digest-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Test it, and let us know if it works.

I had some problems with this -- getty, it seems, felt rushed, and would
not let me log in; so, I changed things back. I'm still manually
logging into fluxbox with "startx /usr/bin/startfluxbox". This works.
And, I have figured out, via google, how to give my regular user the
options of rebooting and/or halting the system. But, automatic login
and automatic startx still elude me. I have gotten rid of gdm, though.

Automatic startx should be as easy as adding it to .bash_profile (not
.bashrc to not have it run for every xterm), but I didn't test it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)