function key problem

Greetings all,

I have some problem with the function keys for a laptop: some
functions of the "Fn+SOMEKEY" are sometimes sofware-based, there are
drivers for them in Windows, but no for linux. I am wondering if there
a way to catch the key press event and then execute a program which is
determined by the event? Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Deephay

  • How to unbind MacBook mouse buttons from Fn-F10 and Fn-F11
    ... I really want to still have my F10 and F11 function keys work as just ... emulation :-( ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ncurses on Linux how to capture F1 key?
    ... For xterm in a desktop, I suppose it's possible for the window-manager ... function keys, though I've disabled most of those...). ... like ctl-C and ctl-alt-D are firmly bound. ... Can you offer any information about how to modify this on Linux? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Unable to install Fedora Core 2
    ... what I meant by the function keys is that the original menu is ... When I run the installation program, ... >> and the linux prompt. ... >> can hit a function key and see the possible options. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Virtual PC 7 Question...
    ... > violating any group policies. ... I am installing Red Hat Linux 9. ... that your friend has a laptop, ... If you want normal PC function keys in Virtual PC, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Getting a good termcap emulation on linux to emulate a sco console
    ... I've used Multiview in the past and it seems to work well under Linux. ... emulation when talking to the SCO Machine from windows box using say TERM. ... This would give me function keys and Color support and I was quite happy. ... screen display and functon keys working right on the linux machine as yet. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)