Re: Vá: Using wdm how to pass "-- -logverbose 6" to startx?

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 07:02:46PM +0100, Paul Csanyi <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
2007/12/28, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
you'll need to just press enter to keep it as currently set.

Do you have a ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession file? if so, what are the
contents?

I have not .xinitrc

less ~/.xsession is:

#!/bin/bash

##[Desktop Entry]
#Encoding=hu_HU
#Name=Window maker
#Comment=This session logs you into Window Maker
#Exec=/usr/bin/wmaker
## no icon yet, only the top three are currently used
#Icon=
#Type=Application

So, you've told your X session to exit immediately. This will
probably produce the behavior you're seeing, of it exiting immediately. :-)
Try adding the following line at the bottom of .xsession:

exec /usr/bin/wmaker || x-terminal-emulator

and it should work. (that says to run wmaker, and to run an xterm if
wmaker can't be found)

Daniel

  • Re: changing window managers in debian 6.0.4
    ... i did try the update-alternatives path, ... It reports wmaker, but has no ... I'm attempting to change my window manager from the default metacity to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: changing window managers in debian 6.0.4
    ... That actually worked and i'm using wmaker (WindowMaker) ... Now I use fvwm, but frankly configuration is not for the impatient ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: changing window managers in debian 6.0.4
    ... i did try the update-alternatives path, ... It reports wmaker, but has no ... I'm attempting to change my window manager from the default metacity to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • media icon and mounting partition
    ... sure this is a wonderful idea for removable hard drives it is not what ... So how do I safely get rid of this icon? ... # /etc/fstab: static file system information. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Umont ownership?