Re: Galeon R.I.P?

On Dec 29, 2007 8:50 AM, ZephyrQ <zephyrq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With all the news of Netscape 'fading off' into mozilla and its ilk, is
does anyone know if Galeon is ever going to be updated? I've tried
FireFox/etc. and there are a couple of things I've not be able to reproduce:

Tabs...on the -right- hand side. After using Galeon for **years**, I
miss this and the 'tab' plug-in only lets me put tabs on the
top/bottom/left.

Quickloading of pages. I don't know if this is a Galeon thing, but side
by side with IceWeasel Galeon loads pages *much* faster.

Years ago, Galeon was forked to create Epiphany. A few years later,
they recombined under the name Epiphany.

http://www.linux.com/feature/50021

I don't know how the feature-set of Epiphany+extensions compares
to Galeon overall.

There is a tabs-left extension, but no tabs-right extension as far as
I can see. However, I just changed 5 words and the file names of the
tabs-left extension and created a working tabs-right extension.

Here is the code for the tabs-left extension:
http://rmjokers.blogspot.com/2006/11/dont-let-tabs-control-you.html

I think you can see just by looking at it how to make tabs-right.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

  • Re: Galeon R.I.P?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Galeon R.I.P?
    ... I don't know if this is a Galeon thing, ... There is a tabs-left extension, but no tabs-right extension as far as ... I just had a 2-week fling with KDE. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Galeon R.I.P?
    ... I don't know if this is a Galeon thing, ... Galeon was forked to create Epiphany. ... There is a tabs-left extension, but no tabs-right extension as far as ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: gzipped text in galeon with xfce4
    ... could someone please give me a hint how can get galeon to display ... links2 is doing it correctly out of the box for me. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)