Re: Iceweasel or Konqueror + Kdm/Xorg turned into a cpu hog?

Lesley Binks pisze:
Hi

I have etch installed, regularly updated and running the KDE desktop environment.

Using either Konqueror or Iceweasel, I find that Xorg goes into overdrive when I access
this page: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/login - reporting 92% usage on an Athlon XP 3200.

Closing the tab on that page immediately resolves the problem.

I'm wondering (a) if anyone else can repeat this and (b) why it's happening at all.
Can anyone shed some light?

Regards

L,

hi, i don't have that kind of problems when i access this address. (
Gentoo x86, 2.6.23-gentoo-r3, firefox 2.0.0.11).
I have had problems related to flash plugin using Debian Sid + firefox 2
when i was accessing flash/html hybrid websites with many flash pop'ups
(ie: http://ekstraklasa.wp.pl - open few articles and feel the pain ;) ).

  • Re: Iceweasel or Konqueror + Kdm/Xorg turned into a cpu hog?
    ... I have had problems related to flash plugin using Debian Sid + firefox 2 ... Something in that page is managing to percolate through to the Xorg ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: which is at fault? iceweasel or drupal?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Shockwave Flash
    ... So I am obviously looking in the wrong place or I haven't turned on logging for any browser. ... Shockwave appears as a plugin in firefox but not in others. ... Adobe's flash plugin is available in the non-free section of Debian repositories. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: memory problem
    ... the only plugin I use is the Flash plugin (provided ... Memory cache device ... Also this doesn't explain why Firefox periodically ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Firefox and Flash
    ... Have you tried using the flash plugin from the marillat repository - flashplayer-mozilla? ... I haven't had any trouble with it (running firefox 1.5 on sarge backported from sid). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)