Re: Installation of hard drive

KS wrote:
Pantor wrote:
KS wrote:
Pantor wrote:
Lads,

would you be able to advice please, how to install a second hard drive
which have preinstalled Windows. PC booting Windows after hard drive has
been plugged in. Windows should be cleared, but how thee partition
works?

Thank you,

Andrius
I would just connect the hard disk and boot. My new/old hard disks have
been detected without a hitch when booting. Then comes the use of a
partitioning tool like cfdisk, fdisk, etc. and after that you can use
mkfs to create the file system. If you like using the GUI more, install
gparted or qtparted and use that to partition and format the hard disk.

HTH
If to boot then windows will boot. Gparted
shows:
> 89-125-103-244:/home/andrius# gparted
======================
libparted : 1.7.1
automounting disabled
======================
Unable to open /dev/hda read-write (Read-only file system). /dev/hda
has been opened read-only.
Unable to open /dev/hda - unrecognised disk label.
Andrius

Where do you have Debian installed? /dev/hdb? Where did you install
Grub? You need to give more details about your setup.

Debian installed on sda,
New disk hdc installed and partitioned, but still not visible in media:/

  • Re: xp on intel Mac from usb stick?
    ... Would it be possible to run windows xp native from a usb stick? ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... partition managers but if you're feeling adventurous you may ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Missing applications after XP clean install/reinstall - Help!!
    ... Here's my problem in a nutshell: I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 clean. ... I've managed to get my main user profile back so I have all of my documents, ... I have the install disks for a lot of my major applications - Microsoft ... 40GB partition. ...
  • Re: Missing applications after XP clean install/reinstall - Help!!
    ... Here's my problem in a nutshell: I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 clean. ... I've managed to get my main user profile back so I have all of my documents, ... I have the install disks for a lot of my major applications - Microsoft ... 40GB partition. ...
  • Re: Dual boot problem
    ... The install went smoothly but when the computer restarted it ... went straight into Windows XP and the Grub Bootloader did not appear! ... One produced the same problem) For some reason the Grub bootloader had ... install GRUB on the first track on the partition where I installed ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Corrupt Windows XP config file
    ... I attempted to install Windows XP in the second partition, ... I then brought up the Recovery Console and used the FIXBOOT command to try ...