Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On Feb 3, 12:00 pm, "Dotan Cohen" <dotanco...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds great, but the only thing that really makes me interested is
the full keyboard control,

Which necessarily involves all of the advantages of using vim and all
of the programmable aspects of Mutt.

I used T-bird for years. Also used OOwriter and Word for years. But
Vim (or Emacs, or whatever text editor you like) is a hundred times
faster and more efficient than a point-and-click word processor,
right?

Same goes for Mutt vs. T-bird. Faster, totally programmable, and you
get to compose emails in your favorite text editor.

RD

  • Re: Replying to list
    ... T-bird just wouldn't do what I wanted it to do. ... and will use mutt when Sid borks X (IMAP lets me easily switch ... Is "common sense" really valid? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: news/mail client and the text borders
    ... I use a CLI mailer and vim for text editing, ... This is what vim reads when I reply to and/or compose mail to some one. ... If you really want to jump into mutt, I would suggest subscribing to the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sudden vim problem in mutt
    ... > I've been using mutt with vim for a couple of years with no problem. ... > But recently I've noticed that when I reply and begin inserting text (on ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply
    ... I am currently writing this email in vim, spawned via mutt, in Cygwin. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Replying to list
    ... freaked out and scurried back to Mutt. ... T-bird just ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...