Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On Feb 4, 4:20 pm, "Dotan Cohen" <dotanco...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure, for plain text OOo and Word are terrible tools. They are not
meant for that purpose. However, when you need markup such as that for
print documents, a word processor is a necessity.

A necessity? Only if you don't know LaTeX.

But I think you see my point. For a text and keyboard person, mutt is
much more efficient. To me using Thunderbird to send email is like
trying to manage text with a word processor.

To pick up on your analogy. Mutt is made for the purpose of managing
and sending plain text emails. If that's what you want to do, then
it's much more efficient and programmable than a gui email program
like Thunderbird.

Just my opinion.

RD

  • Re: fitting .ps file to paper [QCAD]
    ... I wonder if a2ps could help you at all ... ... even though its purpose is ... to take plain text and convert it to postscript ... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Affecting Institutional Change (Yeah Right)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: More Deaths Blamed on Bush
    ... The rule is plain and its purpose is plain. ... internal state manifesting itself in the external. ... Which is why we don't depend on translations for doctrine. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: What am I missing without mutt?
    ... for plain text OOo and Word are terrible tools. ... To me using Thunderbird to send email is like ... Mutt is made for the purpose of managing ... Yes, mutt can. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What am I missing without mutt?
    ... for plain text OOo and Word are terrible tools. ... To me using Thunderbird to send email is like ... Mutt is made for the purpose of managing ... in mutt can I have several ...
    (Debian-User)