Re: Bothering error message when logging out X

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 06:54:26PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

Every time I log out my Gnome X environment (Debian Etch), after a few
seconds
the following message appears:

NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver

. I wonder what it means, and above all I wish to eliminate it! Googling
around gave no help. Can anybody help?

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

These are kernel messages being posted to the terminal. Do you get
other kernel messages (e.g. like when you plug in a USB device)?

See the top of /etc/sysctl.conf

Thanks, this worked: in /etc/sysctl.conf I uncommented the line:

kernel.printk = 4 4 1 7

so to stop low-level messages on console, and that bothering message did not
appear any more. But still, when I plug in my usb pendrive, the following
message appears:

sda: assuming drive cache: write through

. How can I avoid this as well, and all undesired kernel messages?

Thanks again
Rodolfo

  • Re: Bothering error message when logging out X
    ... other kernel messages (e.g. like when you plug in a USB device)? ... so to stop low-level messages on console, and that bothering message did not ... How can I avoid this as well, and all undesired kernel messages? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [solved] Log messages on console (was: Bothering error message when logging out X)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [solved] Log messages on console (was: Bothering error message when logging out X)