Re: missing serial script in /etc?

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 02:31:52PM +0100, eric s wrote:
the serial port do not get created at start up?

there is no /etc/rc.serial script
or /etc/rc.local
or where is the serial port initiation script?

I'm on a 2.6.18 etch stable
anyone who has a script laying around?

To what script are you referring? There is no startup script to create
serial devices. They are there already in /dev

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64 Feb 24 11:06 ttyS0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 65 Feb 24 10:35 ttyS1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 66 Feb 24 10:35 ttyS2
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 67 Feb 24 10:35 ttyS3

What problem are you having?

Doug.

  • missing serial script in /etc?
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: forwarding logs
    ... Same with another script. ... >> You should not need to cange anything in the log script itself. ... >> Reuben D. Budiardja ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: forwarding logs
    ... Same with another script. ... >> You should not need to cange anything in the log script itself. ... >> Reuben D. Budiardja ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: gedit ugly under xfce
    ... rsync based script to make snapshot-style backups. ... All we can do is trying to minimize the loss. ... about "bupsky" script you shared with me... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • brute force ssh login attempts and how to Disrupt them
    ... My head ... and I heard a rhythmic tick-tock coming from ... back, the idiot was gone so apparently, the script gives up ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)