Re: Unable to su as a user, I get: Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied
- From: "Michael Habashy" <mjh2000@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:49:56 -0500
i agree -
this issue seems to be affecting a couple oof other things on the server as
For instance, on the xconsole screen..it lets me login and then bounces me
I uninstalled gdm package, i am left iwth kde ---when i login in with
that...i get an xterm window pop up and it states the same thing : Cannot
execute /bin/bash: Permission denied
it is driving me up a wall.
thanks..for any help...
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Jeff D <fixedored@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nuno Magalhães wrote:
Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied
Er... have you by any chance tried checking out the permissions for
that file? It'll be executed by the user, not root. Try 766.
That should probably be 755 , not 766, you really dont want /bin/bash
writeable by anyone but root.
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
- Prev by Date: Re: unable to login on the console with xwindows
- Next by Date: Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian
- Previous by thread: Re: Unable to su as a user, I get: Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied
- Next by thread: Re: Unable to su as a user, I get: Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied