Re: Help with man page display in Etch

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 06:53:25PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
I'm trying to set up samba on etch in the USA. When I type
man smb.conf I get a page which has strange multibyte sequences
in it, e.g. “ and ”
I think they are supposed to be quotation marks, but not completely
sure. How do I get man to display what the author intended. I've
tried reconfiguring localss, but that doesn't seem to change the
situation. Is there some magic to make the locales reconfig actually
happen after dpkg-reconfigure is completed? Or what? Something
completely different?

Also I'm using gnome desktop to run gnome terminal and emacs. Could
those bolix the locales?

At least post the output of 'locale'.

Regards,
Andrei